At Infiniti School we offer a broad and balanced curriculum, including a range of subjects which are highly differentiated to enable students to re-engage with learning. We specialise in sport and outdoor education as we believe that well planned and implemented activities in these areas can help students develop their social and emotional abilities, which can positively impact all areas of their lives, including learning. We use the school site and surroundings as well as off-site locations in order to increase the activities they can take part in, such as water sports.
In order to capitalise on the school setting and environment the way that we work develops a feeling of calm, which reduces anxiety and stress that our students may feel, enabling them to feel safe and allowing them to engage in their learning and enjoy their time at school.
We have a range of therapies for our students to access which provide students with an opportunity to express and reflect on their thoughts, feelings and experiences in a safe environment, as well as help to develop effective strategies to manage their behaviour and their ability to self-regulate their emotions.
All students complete baseline assessments when they begin at the school to ensure that we can plan activities which appropriately challenge them, in order that they engage, achieve and progress. We make sure that students have tailored instruction in literacy, reading, writing, mathematics and numeracy so that they are able to access the wider curriculum. Some students may need intensive interventions in these areas in groups or 1:1 sessions.
In all areas of the curriculum there is a focus on Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural (SMSC) development of our students to help them to be thoughtful, caring and active citizens in school and in wider society.
To prepare our students for when they leave school, we ensure that it is made clear how what they do in school links to their later life. We have visiting speakers and school trips which give our students the opportunity to find out about different employment, colleges and courses. In years 10 to 13 our students have the opportunity to experience workplaces through bespoke programmes developed with a variety of employers in different industries.
At Infiniti School our aim is to create:
· Successful learners who, with embedded resilience, enjoy learning; make good progress and achieve excellence.
· Confident individuals who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives.
· Responsible citizens who are culturally aware and can make a positive contribution to society, leading to greater engagement within a community.
· An inclusive education ethos that supports each child to fulfil their full and unique potential.
· An equal responsibility between home, school, pupil, and the local authority in bringing about positive and lasting change.
· A connection that leads to respect and care for the outdoor world.
· An outdoor learning environment that further enhances social skills whilst appreciating and valuing difference.
· Engagement with the outdoors for health, wellbeing and a connection to nature, leading to a lifelong love of the outdoors.
· An environment where exercise is used as a way to improve mind, body and spirit whilst also relieving stress.
· Learners who are accountable, dedicated and possess leadership and life skills through the implementation of physical exercise.
· Well minded students who utilise the skills learned through PE, Outdoor Adventurous Activities and Forest School, implementing them across all areas of life including their academic achievement.
Our Key Stage 3 curriculum covers a broad range of subjects, including Forest School, Outdoor Adventurous Activities, Art and Geography.
In Key Stage 4 our students follow a broad range of core subjects as well as a number of options which enable them to focus on additional areas of interest.
In Key Stage 5 our students have the opportunity to complete re-takes and enhance their skills and knowledge in areas, as well as advance their studies in a number of subjects.