My name is Melanie and I am the Family Liaison Officer for Infiniti School. Here at Infiniti School, we are passionate about being able to build trusting and honest relationships with our students, parents, and carers. As our mission statement says
“We aim to provide an outstanding education for students with special educational needs which engages and excites them now, as well as prepares them for the rest of their lives”.
Therefore, it is crucial that the student’s education and wellbeing is a partnership between school and home, with the child being at the center.
Within this role of Family Liaison Officer, I want to encourage open and honest dialogue between school and home. This will benefit and support the students and overcome any barriers to their education, wellbeing, and opportunities. I am here to help provide support to parents and carers and to help with any issues you may have in relation to supporting your children both at home and school.
What Can The Family Liaison Officer Help You With?
· I can liaise with other professionals both inside and outside of school on the family’s behalf.
· Support families in finding out information about services, activities, and signpost them to other organisations.
· Support families with form filling i.e. Housing and benefits.
· Support families who may be struggling to get their child to attend school.
· Individual support based on the needs of the family.
· Listen and appreciate parents and carers' concerns or issues and offer suggestions and advice.
These are just a few things that I can help you with but I am always here with a caring and listening ear and will endeavor to help with any situation you may need advice on when it comes to supporting your children at home and school.
You can contact me by telephone on the Infiniti School number or I am usually in the school car park at the end of the school day.
I look forward to working with you and making your child’s journey at Infiniti School an amazing experience.